(NAY PYI TAW, 18 Feb )
- Minister for Electric Power No 1 Col Zaw Min inspected the Yeywa hydro electric power project being implemented on Myitnge river near Ye-Yaman village 31 miles south-east of Mandalay on 16 February morning. At the briefing hall, Construction Group 2 Director U Myint Zaw reported on progress of the project, future plans, arrival of machinery and arrangements for delivering them to the project.
- The minister stressed the need to complete the task in time and fulfilled the requirements. Next, the minister looked into the installation of pen stocks pipes, concrete works and construction of flit bucket and spillway.
- After that, the minister inspected the undertakings to install the Bottom Outlet Gate Chamber and construction of power station, concrete works, earth works, production of steel pipes and test-production of brick block.
- In meeting with engineers and staff, the minister fulfilled the requirements.
- Upon completion, the project will be able to generate 3,550 million KWH