(NAY PYI TAW, 6 June, 2008)
- July-Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min together with Deputy Minister U Myo Myint and officials inspected Upper Paunglaung hydropower project on Paunglaung creek, 26-mile east of Nay Pyi Taw Pyinmana on 4 June.
- The minister inspected diversion weir and diversion canal.
- Next, the minister and party looked into construction of 120m3/ hr Batching Plant and attended to the requirements.
- At the briefing hall, Director-General of No. 1 Construction U Thaung Han reported on 75.66 % completion of diversion canal, 10.69% completion of main embankment. Director-General of Geology Department U Aung Than Oo explained matters relating to geological facts and the deputy minister gave supplementary reports.
- Concerning the reports, the minister gave instructions to proper management of maintenance works during the monsoon season.
- Upon com-pletion, Upper Paung-laung hydropower project can generate 454 million kWh of electricity per year. The project will produce a total of 932 million kWh per year.
- The minister and party proceeded to Nancho hydropower project situated on Nancho creek where they inspected the sites for Head Tank along water intake canal in a motorcade.
- On completion, the project can generate 152 million kWh of electricity per year.