(NAY PYI TAW, 18 Sept, 2008)
- Under the arrangements of the Ministry of Electric Power No. 1, Paunglaung Region Station Hospital (16-bed), jointly sponsored by Shwedaung Group, Asia World Co and Myan Shwe Pyi Co, was put into service this morning.
- At the ceremony taking place in Khawma Village of Kyitaunggan Village-tract in Nay Pyi Taw Pyinmana Township, CEC member of the Union Solidarity and Development Association in-charge of the region U Thein Swe pressed the button to unveil the signboard of the station hospital.
- Commander of Nay Pyi Taw Command Maj-Gen Wai Lwin, Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min, Minister for Health Dr Kyaw Myint and deputy ministers sprinkled scented water on the signboard.
- Ministers Col Zaw Min and Dr Kyaw Myint and Chairman of Asia World Co U Tun Myint Naing opened the archway of the hospital. The commander unveiled the stone inscription.
- Managing Director U Aung Zaw Naing of Shwedaung Group handed over documents related to hospital equipment and medicines and Chairman U Khin Maung Win of Myan Shwe Pyi Co, documents related to the hospital building to Acting Director-General Dr Win Myint of Health Department.
- Thanks to construction of the hospital, health care services will easily be provided to the people of 24 villages including employees of Paunglaung Hydropower Project. The station was built in January 2008 and completed in May 2008.