(Nay Pyi Taw, 11 Oct , 2008)
- Maj-Gen Ohn Myint of the Ministry of Defence and officials met Principal Daw Khin Mya Thet, faculty members and students at Meiktila Education College, Rector Dr Maung Thin, professors and faculty members at Meiktila University, Rector Dr Aung Zaw Tun, faculty members and students at the Technological University (Meikhtila) and Rector Dr Daw Than Nwe Aung and faculty members at the University of Computer Studies (Meiktila) in Meiktila, Mandalay Division, yesterday morning.
- Maj-Gen Ohn Myint inspected water storage of Nyaungyan Lake and Minhla Lake in Thazi Township, Meikhtila District and met Professor Dr San Lwin, professors and faculty members at Meiktila University of Economics.
- Maj-Gen Ohn Myint and party next proceeded to Hanmyinthmo Village in Kyaukse Township where they were welcomed by Chairman of Mandalay Division Peace and Development Council Commander of Central Command Brig-Gen Tin Ngwe and officials. Maj-Gen Ohn Myint, the commander and party looked into condition of the road section of district-to-district road No. 2 and the chosen site for construction of Dokhtawady Bridge to link Meethwayboke Village in Singaing Township, Mandalay Division, and Shwesayan in Patheingyi Township, PyinOoLwin District.
- Afterwards, they visited the Yeywa hydropower project site on Myitnge River, 31 miles from Mandalay, being undertaken by Ministry of Electric Power No. 1 and inspected progress in construction of the main dam, the power plant and the approach tunnel of the main dam. The construction of the main dam (RCC type) has been completed by 96 percent and 65.52 percent of the whole project has been completed.
- Upon completion, 3,550 million kilowatt hours will be generated. Maj-Gen Ohn Myint also inspected Shwesayan sub-power plant. The sub-power plant distributes electricity to Takhuntaing sub-power station in Mandalay through 132 KV powerline, Mandalay North sub-power station through 33 KV powerline, the sub-power station between 59th street and 65th street in Mandalay through 33 KV powerline and the sub-power station in PyinOoLwin through 132 KV powerline.
- Later, Maj-Gen Ohn Myint arrived back in Nay Pyi Taw in the evening.