(Nay Pyi Taw, 27 Dec, 2008)
- Minister for Electric Power No-1 Col Zaw Min visited Kon Creek Hydropower Project being imple-mented by Construction-3 of Hydro Power Department, on Kon Creek, about nine miles west of Pyu Township, Bago Division on 25 December.
- The minister inspected earth work, quality control work, con-struction of spillways and afflux dam.
- The minister inspected digging of the entrance of the intake tunnel, installation of frames for laying concrete and retaining of earth in the tunnel and preparation for construction of power station.
- The 60-megawatt project is 70 per cent complete. The minister went to Yenwe Dam and power station and inspected storage of water, running of generators in the control room and switch yard and power distribution.
- The 25-megawatt Yenwe power station generates 123 million kilowatt hours annually.