(NAY PYI TAW, 22 June, 2009)
- NAY PYI TAW, 22 June-The ministers, who accompanied Vice-Senior General Maung Aye during his goodwill visit to the People’s Republic of China, held discussions in their respective sectors.
- On 17 June morning, Minister for National Planning and Economic Development U Soe Tha, Minister for Commerce Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein and a group of merchants led by President U Win Myint of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry met Chinese merchants led by Vice-Chairman of China Council for Promotion of International Trade Mr Zhang Wei, Chairman Ma Lu of International Cooperation for SMEs and Deputy Director General of Internal Trade Department Mr Han Meiajuiy at the meeting hall of CCPIT in Beijing and discussed sale of beans and pulses, sesame, rice, fruits and cotton, purchase of machines and spare parts and investment in mineral sector.
- On 18 June morning, Ministers U Soe Tha and Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein and the merchant group met economic entrepreneurs led by Director General of Trade Department of Shannxi Province Professor Ms Li Xucmei at Sheraton Hotel and discussed sale of agricultural, mineral and marine products and purchase of machinery, construction materials and electronics.
- Likewise, on 20 June morning Ministers U Soe Tha and Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein and the merchant group met Chinese entrepreneurs led by Guangxi Zhuang Province Vice-Governor Mr Chun Wu at Li Yuan Resort Conference Hall and discussed bilateral cooperation in trade and investment. At 9.30 am, they visited the construction site of Myanmar representative’s office in Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Province. An official reported on progress in construction and the ministers gave instructions on timely completion of the project.
- Minister U Soe Tha met Vice-Chairman Mr Chen Gong of China Gexhurba Group International Engineering Co Ltd (CGEC) on 16 June and Chairman Mr Wang Xsheug of China National Technical Import and Export Corporation (CNTIC) on 17 June separately. Both sides discussed prospects of expanding investments in electric, mineral, energy and production sectors.
- Similarly, Minister for Electric Power No (1) Col Zaw Min called on President Mr Luqizhou of China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) on 16 June and President Mr Bao Mingu of Yunnan Provincial Investment Holding Group Co Ltd (YIC) on 20 June separately and discussed electric power sector.
- Likewise, Minister for Energy Brig-Gen Lun Thi met CNOOC Vice President Mr Zhao Shou Wei at Daoyutai State Guesthouse on 16 June and discussed matters related to the energy sector. He met Vice President of Exim Bank of China Mr Shu Xinqang and discussed monetary matters. He also met CNPC President Mr Jiang Jiemin at CNPC building and discussed crude oil and connection of gas pipelines. On 17 June, Minister Brig-Gen Lun Thi met Vice President of HQCEC Mrs Wang Xing Ge at Daoyutai State Guesthouse and discussed matters related to construction fertilizer factories in Myanmar. Minister Brig-Gen Lun Thi met President Mr Bo Qiliang of CNODC and discussed matters related to off-shore oil blocks. He also discussed matters related to exploration of oil in inland block (D) with Vice Chairman Mr Zhang Yaocang of SINOPEC.