(NAY PYI TAW, 22 Sept, 2009)
- A coordination meeting on Ayeyawady and Maykha-Malikha basin hydro power project was held at Malikha guest house in Myitkyina of Kachin State on 19 September.
- It was attended by Chairman of Kachin State Peace and Development Council Commander of Northern Command Maj- Gen Soe Win, Minister for Electric Power No.1 Col Zaw Min, Minister for Communications, Posts and Telegraphs Brig-Gen Thein Zaw, Minister for Commerce Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein and departmental heads, vicepresident Mme Zhang Xiaolu of China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and party of the People’s Republic of China.
- At the meeting, the commander made an opening speech and Minister Col Zaw Min explained project work to be done.
- Afterwards, the vicepresident of CPI explained the facts about hydro power projects.
- After that, Ministers Brig-Gen Thein Zaw and Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein explained sector-wise work to be done. And Minister Col Zaw Min gave supplementary reports and the commander gave a concluding speech. In the evening, Minister Col Zaw Min held talk with the vice-president of CPI at the same venue and discussed projects to be jointly implemented.
- On 20 September, Ministers Col Zaw Min, Brig-Gen Thein Zaw and Brig-Gen Tin Naing Thein met with townselders, merchants, industrialists and chairmen of villages and wards from Myitkyina.
- On arrival at briefing hall of the project, Director U Soe Naing of No.5 Construction reported to the commander and the ministers on facts and data about the project and undertaking of preliminary engineering work. And Director-General U Myint Zaw gave a supplementary report and the commander and the minister Col Zaw Min coordinated the essentials.
- The commander and the ministers provided local people from Tanphe village near Ayeyawady confluence with clothes, rice, oil and salt.