(NAY PYI TAW, 12 Nov, 2009)
- Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min on 9 November heard reports on completion of the diversion tunnel, the entrance and exit to the tunnel, RCC main embankment, spillway and power intake structure, installation of steel pipeline, construction of power plant, water outlet channel and sub-power station and arrangements for storage of water at Yeywa Dam presented by Director U Nay Myo Win at the construction site of Yeywa Dam Project near Ye-Yaman Village, 31 miles southeast from Mandalay.
- Director-General U Myint Zaw gave a supplementary report.
- The minister inspected preparations for installation of Diversion Tunnel No. 2 Gate upstream of the dam and supply of water from the diversion tunnel No. 1.
- Afterwards, the minister looked into progress in building the spillway bridge linking left and right embankments and main embankment and other tasks.
- Later, the minister viewed construction of the switch yard and the water outlet channel.