December 31, 2009
(NAY PYI TAW, 31 Dec, 2009)
- The MoU signing ceremony between Hydropower Administration Department under the Ministry of Electric Power No. (1) and Htoo Trading Co Ltd to cooperate in Upper Hsetawgyi and Htakha hydropower projects through B.O.T system was held at the meeting hall of the Ministry of Electric Power No. (1) here on 29 December.
- It was attended by Minister for Electric Power No. (1) Col Zaw Min, Minister for Electric Power No. (2) Maj-Gen Khin Maung Myint, Minister for National Planning and Economic Development U Soe Tha, Minister for Finance and Revenue Maj-Gen Hla Tun, deputy ministers, directors – general , managing directors and officials.
- Minister for Electric Power No. (1) Col Zaw Min extended greetings and Chairman of Htoo Trading Co Ltd U Teza explained the purpose of signing the MoU. Later, the directorgeneral of the Hydropower Administration Department under the Ministry of Electric Power No. (1) and responsible person of Htoo Trading Co Ltd signed the MoU and exchanged the documents.
December 27, 2009
(NAY PYI TAW, 26 Dec, 2009)
- Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min, on 24 December, inspected Kunchaung Dam Project and gave necessary instructions.
- The project being implemented by Construction No.3 is located about nine miles to the south-west of Pyu in Toungoo District. The minister also inspected Shwegyin Dam Project near Kyauknagar village, about six miles to the northeast of Shwegyin in Bago Division. The minister heard reports on progress of work and called personnel concerned for timely completion of the project.
December 25, 2009
(NAY PYI TAW, 24 Dec, 2009)
- Minister for Electric Power No.1 Col Zaw Min received President Mr Lu Qi Zhou of China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) of the People’s Republic of China and party at the meeting hall of the ministry here on 20 December.
- The two sides discussed the matters on cooperation and investment in Maykha- Malikha Basin Hydropower project and Ayeyawady Confluence Hydropower Project.
December 19, 2009
(NAY PYI TAW, 18 Dec, 2009)
- Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min who accompanied the Head of State in his inspection tour, together with Director- General U Myint Zaw of Hydropower Department on 16 December visited Upper Yeywa Hydropower Project.
- At the briefing hall of the director of No. 2 Construction Group reported to the minister on location of the project, construction of roads to the project, chosen site for dam, chosen places for construction of intake tunnel and diversion tunnel, chosen site for construction of power station, condition of rock layers according to geological survey, and future programmes. The minister called for completion of work at the top of the agenda in season and inspected the chosen site for construction of the dam and stones from Sein Lun quarry.
- The minister then cordially greeted community elders and local residents from Taunggyay village near the project.
- Yeywa Hydropower Project (Upper) is built across Dokhtawady river in Kyaukme Township, 65 miles upstream of Yeywa Hydropower Project. The river was dammed and hydropower projects are being implemented along it-Yeywa Hydropower Project as the first phase and Upper Yeywa Hydropower Project as the second. The Upper Yeywa Hydropower Project will be a 140-megawatt electricity supplier.