(NAY PYI TAW, 26 Feb,2010)
- Prime Minister General Thein Sein, accompanied by Lt-Gen Tha Aye of the Ministry of Defence, commanders, ministers, the auditor-general, deputy ministers and departmental heads, visited educative booths on Hukaung valley wildlife sanctuary in Ponkhon Ward of Tanai in Kachin State yesterday.
- The Prime Minister inspected river eco-system, wildlife, documentary photos and fossil in Hukaung tiger conservation on display at the administrator’s office of Hukaung valley wildlife sanctuary.
- On arrival at Maykha – Malikha Myitson hydropower project, the Prime Minister and party were welcomed by Minister for Electric Power No.1 Col Zaw Min and officials.
- At the briefing hall of the project, the Prime Minister heard a report presented by Minister Col Zaw Min on location of the project, type of the dam, preliminary engineering works, and arrival of machinery and construction of power plant system. The Prime Minister instructed that the officials are to carry out the works precisely before implementing Myitson hydropower project which is a big one.
- The Prime Minister then viewed construction of homes of villages in wetland. The Prime Minister then looked over Myitson Hydropower Project area from aboard the chopper.