(NAY PYI TAW, 11 July,2010)
- Prime Minister U Thein Sein, accompanied by Chairman of Mandalay Division Peace and Development Council Commander of Central Command Maj- Gen Tin Ngwe, ministers and heads of department visited Yeywa Hydropower Project in PyinOoLwin Township, Mandalay Division, yesterday morning.
- The project is being undertaken by the Hydropower Department under the Ministry of Electric Power N0(1).
- From the view deck, the Prime Minister inspected the inflow of water into the dam, diversion weir, outfall channel, spillway, power house and switchyard.
- He viewed the process of installing electric turbines Nos (3) and (4).
- The Prime Minister inspected the control room of the power house. Managing Director U Khin Maung Win of the department reported on facts about the generation process and system.
- At the briefing hall, the Prime Minister observed the scale model of the project. Minister for Electric Power No.1 U Zaw Min reported on work progress, ongoing programmes, finishing touches, inflow of water into the dam, installation of parts of Nos (3) and (4) generators, and generation of hydropower by Nos (1) and (2) generators.
- The Prime Minis-ter instructed officials to take preparedness against natural disasters, and preventive measures against possible dangers due to human activities. He called for bringing about experts of new generations, and worksite safety.
- The Prime Minister gave fruit baskets to foreign and national experts.
- Yeywa Hydropower Project was launched in 2001-2002 fiscal year. Now, it has been completed by 96.45 per cent.