(NAY PYI TAW, 24 July,2010)
- Minister for Electric Power No (1) U Zaw Min and Chairman Mr Bao Minghu of Yunnan Provincial Investment Holding Group Co Ltd and party from China discussed matters related to cooperation in implementation of Ngawchankha Hydropower Project at the ministry here yesterday morning.
- In the evening, Memorandum of Agreement on cooperation in the hydropower project implementation among the Hydropower Planning Department, YPIC International Energy Cooperation & Development Co Ltd and International Group of Entrepreneurs Company Limited was inked in MoA signing ceremony held at Yeywa Hall of the ministry.
- The ceremony was attended by Electric Power No (1) Minister U Zaw Min, Electric Power No (2) Minister U Khin Maung Myint, Finance and Revenue Minister U Hla Tun, Deputy Chief Justice Dr Tun Shin, directors-general, managing directors, Chairman Mr Bao Minghu, President Mr Duan Wenquan and party of YPIC International Energy Cooperation & Development Co Ltd, Chairman U Nay Aung of International Group of Entrepreneurs Co Ltd and officials.
- Minister U Zaw Min extended greetings and Chairman Mr Bao Minghu spoke words of thanks for inking MoA at the ceremony.
- Director-General U Kyee Soe of Hydropower Planning Department of the Ministry of Electric Power No (1), President Mr Liu Yinong of Yunnan Provincial Investment Holding Group Co Ltd and an official from International Group of Entrepreneurs Co Ltd signed MoA and exchanged the documents. They later had the documentary photo taken.
- The Ngawchanhka Hydropower Project, which is estimated to generate 1055 MW, will be implemented in five phases on Ngawchanhka River in Kachin State.