(NAY PYI TAW, 14 Nov, 2009)
- Minister for Electric Power No. 1 Col Zaw Min received Executive Vice-Chairman Mr Wang Yongxiang and party of Huaneng Lancang River Hydropower Co Ltd of the People’s Republic of China at the Ministry of Electric Power No. 1, here, on 12 November evening.
- They discussed cooperation in implementation of Shweli-2 hydropower project.
- A ceremony to sign the MoU on Shweli-2 hydropower project jointly implemented by Hydropower Administration Department under the Ministry of Electric Power No. 1, Huaneng Lancang River Hydropower Co Ltd of China and Asia World Co Ltd was held at the hall of the ministry.
- Minister Col Zaw Min delivered an address. The Executive Vice- Chairman and Managing Director U Tun Myint Naing spoke words of thanks.
- The Director-General of Hydropower Administration Department and Executive Vice-President Mr Huang Gguangming signed the MoU and exchanged notes.
- Also present on the occasion were Minister for National Planning and Economic Development U Soe Tha, Minister for Electric Power No. 2 Maj-Gen Khin Maung Myint, Attorney- General U Aye Manug, Deputy Minister U Myo Myint, departmental heads and officials.